Hello and welcome back to Calli Rose Blog. This is kind of a weird post for CRB, but I have found it really helpful over the last few months and figured you guys would too. So keep on reading to find out how to fall asleep in under 5 minutes!
I don’t know about you guys, but sometimes, when my head hits the pillow, is when I get my most intense anxiety or just have so much going through my mind that it’s impossible to fall asleep. If this is you, I really recommend this method for falling asleep!
If you get intense anxiety before bed (or really anytime), do this breathing exercise:
- start by taking in a deep breath for 4 seconds, then let it out for 4 seconds
- then, take in a deep breath for 6 seconds, let it out for 6 seconds
- finally, take in a deep breath for 8 seconds, let it out for 8 seconds
Repeat this until you feel calmer and more in control of your anxiety.
Now to fall asleep in under 5 minutes, do this:
- lay down, uncross your legs, and put your arms to the side
- take deep breaths, relaxing muscles as you let the breaths out
- try to clear your mind as you breath and focus on the breaths you take
- start by relaxing the muscles in your face, then your neck, then your arms, hands, body, legs, and feet…feel the breaths and relaxation move through your body
- if your mind is still going after relaxing your body, try reciting something to focus your brain on like “time to sleep,” “time to sleep” or “don’t think,” “don’t think.”
Before you know it, you’ll wake up in the morning and realize it works!!
I started using these techniques back in December or January and have been using them any time I am feeling anxious and/or want to fall asleep quickly.
Let me know if you guys try these tips for falling asleep quickly!